Your Journey has molded you for the greater good. It was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time.
It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time." - Asha Tyson


Saturday, February 23, 2013

Our Valentine's Party!

I know this should be normal accomplishments, but this weekend I felt so productive. I planned a party, made a full dinner every day, worked all of my shift, had family home evening and took 4 kids to church. (Did I mention we have all 4 kids on Sunday now, and I LOVE it.)  Our Valentines Day Party was so fun. I've really been focusing on having our family home evenings be really relevant and fun, so that is doesn't just feel like a lesson. Especially since we do it on Sunday after church and they just sat through all of that. So this week I had our family home evening topic on "love one another" we made hearts out of pipe cleaner and they are suppose to do something nice for someone and leave the heart they made. We played "Don't eat cupid" which is their favorite party game. I threw in some scriptures and stories, then we had our dinner.
The dinner idea I got from the Dating Divas   which is seriously like the best website ever.
Here is the setup with their little valentines treats.


Menu... More about that later!

My heart cake. When I saw purple frosting I HAD to get it for Josh. Which overflowed in the oven but tasted delicious.


Don't eat cupid which is like "don't eat Pete" which we played when we were kids. google it. (this is the kids' FAVE game and they always ask for it.)
Did I mention we had crowns?



Here is how the dinner went.... each person got to fill out a menu. the menu choices were things like "lovin'" "huggin'" "cuddlin'" etc. Each choice was a corresponding food item, (salad, fork, turkey, cake etc.) then I served them what they ordered for each course.


Dinner Pics









So, for my appitizer I got a drink (cherry 7 up) and salad. My main dish was mashed potatos, cake, chocolate covered strawberries and turkey. My dessert was a fork/napkin and a roll. So that means I ate all of my dinner with my hands since I didn't get a fork. You'd think as the creator of the game I would have done better! HAHAHA

Jordans went like this : Appetizer: mashed potatoes and drink Main Course: Salad, turkey, fork/napkin, roll Dessert: cake and strawberries.

 Ava: appetizer, Fork/napkin and turkey Main dish: Strawberries, roll, cake and mashed potatoes.  Dessert: Salad and drink


Josh: Appitizer: Fork/napkin, turkey Main Dish: Drink, salad, mashed potaoes, roll Dessert: Cake and strawberries

Carter: Appetizer: Salad and Drink Main Dish: Cake, roll, Fork/napkin, mashed potatoes Dessert: Chocolate Strawberries and turkey

James' is not pictured.


Game Pics



No comments:

Post a Comment