Your Journey has molded you for the greater good. It was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time.
It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time." - Asha Tyson


Sunday, April 7, 2013

Chocolate, a girl's best friend

I am really loving my new job. But I do have to work a lot of hours. I had to work Saturday which was a bummer. But the weather is getting better, it was General Conference this weekend, and things could definitely be worse.
 
And I got a new apron. So after working in the garden I made some chocolate marshmallow cookies. Josh helped me and said "it feels like we are on cupcake wars. We should go on cupcake wars!!" He was so excited I didn't have the heart to tell him I was an amature. Haha



Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
-15 marshmallows (cut into thirds)
-2/3 Cup cocoa powder
-2 Cups flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 Cup sugar (plus 1/2 Cup sugar for rolling)
-1 Cup crisco
-1/2 Cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
-2 unbeaten eggs
-1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Cut marshmallows into thirds (I use scissors), and place in freezer while preparing the cookie dough.
2. Measure and Sift together with a whisk the: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the: sugar, brown sugar and crisco.
4. Blend into the sugar bowl the 2 unbeaten eggs and vanilla. Beat together well.
5. Stir in the dry ingredients.
6. Roll the dough around each marshmallow third sealing it in a small ball.(This can get messy, so sometimes I wear those thin plastic throw away gloves.)
7. Roll each ball in sugar.
8. Place on a cookie sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.
9. Bake at 400 for 4 1/2 to 5 minutes, then set out to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment